Hi people :)

1st a confession , I don't know anythin bout PC's at programmin level :rolleyes:

2nd , I need help :o

I installed a program called "threadmaster" , this controls CPU % level per application , I thought it sounded cool till I realised I cudn change the CPU % easily cuz I don't understand command prompts & stuff !!

The procedure to remove it is :-

How do I uninstall ThreadMaster ?
You properly don't want to uninstall ThreadMaster, but if you insist here is how to do it:
Start a command prompt.
Go to the %windir%\system32\ThreadMaster directory
net stop threadmaster
ThreadMast -remove
Delete the folder %windir%\system32\ThreadMaster
Your are done.

Well , as I sed , I don't even know wot a command prompt is :o

Cud some kind soul tell me how in VERY simple terms how to do the above , perleez ?!

Ta

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by DMR

1. Click on the "Run..." option under your Start menu.
2. In the resulting "Open:" box, type the following and then hit OK:

CMD

3. In the DOS window that opens, type the following commands (in the order given) one at a time. Hit the Enter key after typing each command, and wait for the command to complete before continuing. You will know that a given command has completed when, after hitting Enter, the screen displays the command prompt (the string of characters ending with a ">") again:

CD %windir%\system32\ThreadMaster

net stop threadmaster

ThreadMast -remove

CD ..

rmdir /S/Q threadmaster

4. Close the DOS window when you are done.

Also- in the future, please use proper grammar and spelling in your posts. This is a technical support forum, so unlike chat rooms and the like, your posts here need to be clear, concise, and easily understood.

Thanks-

Hi,

Thankyou so much for your help and I apologise for not using correct protocol in my initial post :o

I have tried the procedure you describe but it is not working.
when I type CMD in run I do get the box , but , the following appears after C:\ :- documents and settings\evoboy> 'evoboy' is my computer name.
When I type in the 1st line CD%windir% etc etc , and press enter , I get :- file name directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect.
I have tried a few variations but no joy.

Can you help me further please ?

When I type in the 1st line CD%windir% etc etc , and press enter , I get :- file name directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect.

One possibility: There is a space between "CD" and "%windir%\system32\ThreadMaster"; if you don't type the space you'll get such an error.

Also: "%windir%" is a variable whose real value is the actual name of your Windows folder. On Windows 2000 systems, that folder is "C:\WINNT", and on XP systems it is "C:\Windows". Therefore, you can use the following syntax of the CD command instead of the one given in the instructions:

CD C:\Windows\system32\ThreadMaster (if you have XP)

or:

CD C:\WINNT\system32\ThreadMaster (if you have Win 2K)

If using one of the above commands gives you no errors, the DOS prompt should then display the C:\%windir%\system32\ThreadMaster path instead of C:\ documents and settings\evoboy, meaning that the command worked. You can then proceed with the rest of the uninstall commands.

Try the above and let us know what happens.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.