I am using Vista Home Premium. I have Flash Player 9 installed. When a program that requires the flash player tries to load I receive an error message that says I need the player. Is there a fix that works? Thans! Gary T.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Which web browser are you using?

Have you tried downloading the latest release(9.0.115.0) from Adobe ?

There is a link on that page (#6) where you can check the installation and it will also report which version you are using.

I am currently using 9.0.047.0 on Vista Ultimate and it works fine.

I am using Vista Home Premium. I have Flash Player 9 installed. When a program that requires the flash player tries to load I receive an error message that says I need the player. Is there a fix that works? Thans! Gary T.

This is a common glitch in vista, and i run into this problem intermittently, and i found no cure for it. If it is really important, use an alternative (if any exist). Sorry, but that is the best that i can think of.

I assume you are using IE V7,,,you need to turn on some settings in IE go to tools option and set all zone to the defaults, then give it a whirl

Thank you for your directions. I ended up uninstalling the player using the adobe uninstaller and then reinstalling it. That has worked so far.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.