ON Excell I usually click on a Cell and then Shift + Arrow key to select multiple contingous cells. Or when a cell is selected and i click on the arrow key example the right arrow key the cell selection should move to the right selecting the cell on one to the right. but it doesn't it only moves the view to the right.

this happens not only on my Excell application but anyapplication it seems it only moves the view of the application, instead of selection.

how do i revert back to the way i had it.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Sounds like you have Scroll Lock turned on. Excel is one of the few programs I can think of that has ever made any use of that useless keyboard function. Turn Scroll Lock off, and your arrow key functions should return to normal.

yess Yesss.. your right.. it was the NumLock and i had to figure out how to toggle it off. I have an IBM T42 and i finally googled my brains out and found it.

I have to press the numLk ScrLK key for five seconds.

I CAN NOW arrow to my CELLS in Excell!!! Yeipppiiieieieieie

Sounds like you have Scroll Lock turned on. Excel is one of the few programs I can think of that has ever made any use of that useless keyboard function. Turn Scroll Lock off, and your arrow key functions should return to normal.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.