Hi there.

My boss is on my back to try and get something sorted with his e-mail. When he is double-clicking to open new e-mails 7/10 times Outlook crashes. It also does it when he is switching from folder to folder sometimes.

I have read pretty much all of the threads on the site about Outlook and have tried all of their remedies but nothing has helped. I have checked what driver his computer has and it is not NVidia which I have read can cause problems with Outlook. I have also read that when it starts to do it to open Task Manager and sort out msimn.exe or notepad.exe or even both but when I open Task Manager these applications do not show up. However, it states that OUTLOOK.exe is using a lot of kb's but at the bottom of the window the CPU Usage stays at 0% or at least does not go above 5%.

I've tried looking around at different things on Outlook and the general computer but nothing seems to have helped. I don't see this as a major problem but he does so I desperately need advice to get him off my back please.

Any help would be appreciated,

Many thanks,

Amy

Your looking in the wrong spot.

Repair Word.

Also switch him to plain text and do not use word as editor and I bet the problem goes away.

It's word causing the issue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.