Hi Friends,

I have a weird problem with my system. Whenever I Type IPConfig in Command Prompt. I got error of Media Disconnected. If I tried to ping to any site it gives me error that requested host is not found.

But the most weired thing is I am connected to the internet and I can easily access any site that is not under restriction of firewall.

Now You guys must be thinking then what's the issue. Basically I have come to this point because I cannot connect to the mail server in my outlook find the issue of server not found put me through this and I have come to the conclusion that in cmd mode I am not able to ping the any of the site. and on going to the ipconfig I find media disconnected issue.

I have tried to search for the same on internet but I come to conclusion that this issue happens in 80% CASES for the Wireless network user.

My Network DOES NOT show Unplugged Status. It is connected and receiving and sending the data properly. I am working on the same network throughout the day as I am a web developer. It causes no issues to development, Uploading submissions, surfing etc.. Even I am able to access the Main Server of my Company. But The Issues lies with the command prompt only I am not able to ping any damn site.......

Some Notable Points:

--> I am connected to the internet through Proxy.
--> I am not in the Domain of the network.

Thanks For all you Support In Advance.

Thanks & regards
Hemal Jivani
Smruti Compubits

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi Friends,

I have a weird problem with my system. Whenever I Type IPConfig in Command Prompt. I got error of Media Disconnected. If I tried to ping to any site it gives me error that requested host is not found.

But the most weired thing is I am connected to the internet and I can easily access any site that is not under restriction of firewall.

Now You guys must be thinking then what's the issue. Basically I have come to this point because I cannot connect to the mail server in my outlook find the issue of server not found put me through this and I have come to the conclusion that in cmd mode I am not able to ping the any of the site. and on going to the ipconfig I find media disconnected issue.

I have tried to search for the same on internet but I come to conclusion that this issue happens in 80% CASES for the Wireless network user.

My Network DOES NOT show Unplugged Status. It is connected and receiving and sending the data properly. I am working on the same network throughout the day as I am a web developer. It causes no issues to development, Uploading submissions, surfing etc.. Even I am able to access the Main Server of my Company. But The Issues lies with the command prompt only I am not able to ping any damn site.......

Some Notable Points:

--> I am connected to the internet through Proxy.
--> I am not in the Domain of the network.

Thanks For all you Support In Advance.

Thanks & regards
Hemal Jivani
Smruti Compubits

in network connection how many icons do you have there. at the command prompt type ipconfig /all thi will show you all connection and state on your pc. what browser are you using for the internet.

Hi Bobby

in network connection how many icons do you have there. at the command prompt type ipconfig /all thi will show you all connection and state on your pc. what browser are you using for the internet.

I am attaching the screen shot of what I get on typing the Ipconfig /all. I am using IE and FF both.

Thansk For all your Support

Hello I get a windows ip configuration no operation can be performed on local area connection while it has its Media disconnected how do I go about this please help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.