Hi,
I check my hotmail every day and for the last 2 days i haven't been able to get into my hotmail, The message "This page cannot be displayed" comes up every time I try. Other people using the same computer and connection are still able to access their hotmail accounts... I have e-mailed hotmail numerous times but have had no reply. If there is anyone who knows what to do to fix it please let me know.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Just fixed it.....had same problem here. The problem started Friday. Was only able to access hotmail thru my outlook express. Just went to the Windows update page and installed the GDI security patch...and..shazaam... hotmail came back no problem....personally I don't think the patch had anything to do with hotmail directly but maybe it had some effect on the new security center garbage that service pack 2 installed. The folks in remond still make me nuts though.....I think I'm gonna switch to Linux :eek:

hotmail page is not displayed why is that?

Just fixed it.....had same problem here. The problem started Friday. Was only able to access hotmail thru my outlook express. Just went to the Windows update page and installed the GDI security patch...and..shazaam... hotmail came back no problem....personally I don't think the patch had anything to do with hotmail directly but maybe it had some effect on the new security center garbage that service pack 2 installed. The folks in remond still make me nuts though.....I think I'm gonna switch to Linux :eek:

ok, i took your advice and tried installing that GDI patch. i think im having problems installing it. i click on "OPEN" and this is what i get (see attached).

what does someone who is in my shoes do from here? :sad:

not a valid win32 app errors usuall means that the download was corrupt

not a valid win32 app errors usuall means that the download was corrupt

is there another site that someone can recommend where the download WONT be corrupt? :sad:

I fixed my problem by:
1: running the hotmail fixer (which you can find somewhere in this forum)
2: changed all ActiveX Controls in Security settings to "Prompt" under Internet Options.
3. windows update.

You can try step2 only and see if it works but otherwise follow the 123 should does the trick.

"Is not a valid win32 application", do you have Nero Burning Program installed? If yes, check if you also installed InCD Reader from the latest version 6, uninstall the InCD Reader then retry whatever you need to install...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.