hi everyone

wonder if you can help, i have a belkin wireless router on the main pc, with a laptop and 2 x boxes running off it

all was ok until about an hour ago, when the main pc decided to default to work offline. i am now unable to connect to the internet at all on the main pc, but laptop etc works fine, the two tv's of the main pc also say connected.

everything i have tried with my limited knowledge has not worked.

i am at a loss as to what to try next other than kicking it out of the window ;-)

thanks in advance
jo

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

which operating system are you using and is your connection to your wireless router from your main computer wireless or wired

oh one more thing when you open your browser and try to get on the internet, what do you see? What happens?

which operating system are you using and is your connection to your wireless router from your main computer wireless or wired

hi
by operating system do you mean windows xp, i tried with ie and firefox, just got the cannot connect to web page. i have now solved that problem, i system restored to the day before.

the problem i now have is, i cannot get the wireless to work on the laptop, all xboxes are connect wireless ok.

the wireless router is connected to the main pc (wired).

many thanks for your help ;-)

yes windows xp thats your operating system. ok try the system restore on the laptop also. or since the wireless connection was working be for, you could try to repair the connection

if you go to start >my neywork places>view network connections

and then right click on the icon for the wireless network connection

a little menu box will pop up click on repair
and see if that helps

every now and then I get the same problem and I cant connect to the internet and that always worked. let me know what happens to see if that worked.

thanks compdoc

it worked i now have wireless and a connection on the main pc, you were are great help and much appreciated.

no doubt i will be back as things never run smoothly for long

thanks Jo

oh thats great, glad I could help

good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.