I wrote a windows service in .NET 2.0, but when I try to uninstall it, I get an exception. The full text for the message from my event viewer is this.

The description for Event ID ( 11001 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Product: SQL Task Scheduler Service -- Error 1001. An exception occurred while uninstalling. This exception will be ignored and the uninstall will continue. However, the application might not be fully uninstalled after the uninstall is complete. --> Cannot find Log STS Service on computer '.'., (NULL), (NULL), (NULL).

I've tried everything down to manually removing all of the registry keys for the service and cleaning my registry with RegSeeker. I can't fix any problems in the service until I know what the problem is. :( Does anybody know where I can look to troubleshoot this exception?

hey!

I faced the same issue when I uninstalled the windows service by mistake while still it was running. To resolve this type of issue all I did is this :
a. First uninstalled the dll using the installutil.exe and then
b. Install the .exe using the installutil.exe.
c. The again I uninstalled the msi using the control panel.

After all this I was able to successfully install the windows service and made it it up n running. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.