hi all,
please help me, I got a problem to enter windows XP prof., it show empty desktop and there is no user, no start menu.
when i press Ctrl,Alt,Del many time i got the task manger and there is no user in it.
please can i do to get back the user. i don't want to reinstall windows

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Welcome to DaniWeb !

Start your computer, before Windows boot-up press the key F8 to bring up the Windows Startup Menu and select 'Last known good configuration'.
If this trick doesn't work then try the same step but choose the 'Safe Mode' may it helps you..

Let me know what happens..

Regards..

thank you thunderstorm98 for reply, but i tryed both and it didn't solve the problem.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Ok...Did you tried System Restore option during Safe Mode Startup ?

No i didn't tryed system restore during safe mode. i don't how to doing it

hi all,
please help me, I got a problem to enter windows XP prof., it show empty desktop and there is no user, no start menu.
when i press Ctrl,Alt,Del many time i got the task manger and there is no user in it.
please can i do to get back the user. i don't want to reinstall windows

when you get up the task manager go to file ,new task ,type in, explorer.exe ,hit enter

This sort of account error happens to me at least once every 15 months. The only way I know of around it is to load up the computer in a different account and create a new user account. So when you go into 'safe mode' (as described above), you then select the account named 'Administrator'. Select the 'Administrator' account and create a new account. To create a new account, click Start --> Control panel --> User Accounts.
Then a new window will open. Then click the text saying 'create new user account' and follow the prompts. After that, move all your files from your old account to the new account. This can be done through explorer. To load it press 'windows hot key + e'. Then you should see on the left a folder for each account. Just cut and past the files from the old account to the new. Then reboot the computer like you normally would but select the new account. You will need the go through a few wizards since it has just been set up. And your problem should be solved.

NOTE: This only works if you are able to load at least one administrator account and that it is only one account messing up.

me cant log in my administrator coz it disable. pls tell me how solve it ><"

Try repairing windows.....

To Repair Windows XP from your XP CD…..

1. Re-start PC with XP CD in drive (Have your serial number handy)
2. As your PC starts press “F12” for boot menu (Or what your PC may ask for)
3. Scroll to and select “boot from CD.”
4. At prompt “Press any key to boot from CD” Press “Any key”
5. In the Windows XP Setup window, Press “Enter” to set up windows XP, (Don’t worry, this is a repair only, not a fresh install.)
6. At next window, Press “F8” to accept license agreement
7. Wait until windows displays your current version of XP and asks “To repair the selected windows XP installation press R”
8. Press “R”
9. Enter serial number when prompted.
10. Wait for files to be copied (PC will indicate 39 mins, it will take a lot less.)
11. When asked to adjust Regional language options, click “Next” as it is still set.
12. PC will re-boot.
13. If you have AVG Free, copy serial number to a file as you will lose it on repair. After repair a window will pop up asking how you want to treat AVG, Click repair and when prompted enter serial number.

Hi
When you open task manager>file>new task and type explorer can you then work without the interface crashing on you again. if it fails you again then youre most likely infected with a virus. if task manager allows you to work go to system properties>advance>user profile settings and see if theres atleast one profile

I just hade the same problem after opening an infected email, download and run Spybot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.