Hello Folks,
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but here goes. I'm running windows XP home SP2, and I'm trying to view a region 1 DVD in the region 2 area. Obviously I can't. Is there a patch, or something similar that i can download to allow me to do this, or do I have to reconfigure the computer to do this, if so, how do I do it? The DVD i want to view is not available in region 2 (Strangers with Candy). I really want to see it.
Please help.
Kwisj

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

or you could change your DVD drive's region to 2. Be advised that you can only make this change 5 times, after which the region will be permanently changed to whatever you had set it to last. You can change the region from device manager.

or you could change your DVD drive's region to 2. Be advised that you can only make this change 5 times, after which the region will be permanently changed to whatever you had set it to last. You can change the region from device manager.

Thank you, thankyou,
All done, and I'm now enjoying my DVD. I didn't realise it was so simple to do. I did hear that there was a patch that i could use to confuse the change region counter, so that it wouldn't register the number of times it was changed. Do you know anything about this?
Kwisj

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.