I updated the windows media player today and after i did that the sound stopped working. I need to go back to before I downloaded the updated version of windows media player and restore the settings to how they were before but I don't know how... can anyone help me???

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I updated the windows media player today and after i did that the sound stopped working. I need to go back to before I downloaded the updated version of windows media player and restore the settings to how they were before but I don't know how... can anyone help me???

System restore facility can usually be found in start>all programs>accessories>system tools>system restore if using XP if running XP or Vista.

Simply select this option then select restore my computer to an earlier date. You will get a calender view, in this it should list the date you made the changes with any major changes listed beside it. Check to see if it mentions anything on the date you installed it. If it does, select this date and follow the on screen prompts. It may take a while but it should restore it to how it was before you made the update after a reboot.

Things would be a lot different if you are using any OS release before Windows ME.

Thats what i was gonan say (System restore)

Good luck.......Nice to see you posting Clublife :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.