Guys,
i installed the ThreadMentor software from cs.mtu.edu website, but i could run it . It says, "This application has failed to start because "gtk-1.3.dll" was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem".

i re-installed it twice and im still getting the same message. what can i do to fix the problem? what tis "gtk-1.3.dll" in the first place? where can i get it from ? PLEASE HELP

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Guys,
i installed the ThreadMentor software from cs.mtu.edu website, but i could run it . It says, "This application has failed to start because "gtk-1.3.dll" was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem".

i re-installed it twice and im still getting the same message. what can i do to fix the problem? what tis "gtk-1.3.dll" in the first place? where can i get it from ? PLEASE HELP

Hello ,wouldn't it be better to ask you question at www.cs.mtu.edu seeing that its where you got the program .

i did, but i didnt get any reply , thats why im askin here, so do u have any idea what could the problem be ?

i did, but i didnt get any reply , thats why im askin here, so do u have any idea what could the problem be ?

no sorry ,that DLL file is not found in any web search i do ,and I have never heard of ThreadMentor software. what is it for ,! one would have to assume that its spacific to tredmentor .maybe you should try downloading the program again and reinstalling ,Is it down loadable to the general public,if so do you have a link to the download

Ok, I found a download of the threadmentor ,and it consist of 5 folders ,in the BIN folder is a visual.exe file copy it to the LIB folder and click on it there and it will run ,good luck .
this is the link to the one i downloaded .
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/NSF-3/BETA/index.html

Edit- so after looking at it what the heck is the program for !!lol

it worked !!! thank you so so much . you are so kind.

Can you please tell me why it worked , what is so special about moving it to the lib folder ? why cant the visual.exe in the Bin folder, connect to the gtk-3.1.dd in the Lib folder?

it worked !!! thank you so so much . you are so kind.

Can you please tell me why it worked , what is so special about moving it to the lib folder ? why cant the visual.exe in the Bin folder, connect to the gtk-3.1.dd in the Lib folder?

your welcome ,

you come back with a question for me but didn't answer my question !!
???????????????what is the program for !

now my answer you question as best i can ,It worked when moved because it could now find the .DLL it was looking for because its in the folder we moved it to.as for why it didn't work in the folder by itself poorly written program i guess ,it is only a BETA version .

sorry i was too happy u helped me make it worked that i didnt notice your question , again im sorry.

well : ThreadMentor is a system designed to help students learn and instructors teach threaded programming and the use of synchronization primitives. for more information about this system visist http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/NSF-3/e-Book/Local/system.html.

PS: i never heard of it before , but i was surfing the internet for stuff related to operating system ( cz im taking an operating system course now ) and i came across this system that i found interesting.

sorry i was too happy u helped me make it worked that i didnt notice your question , again im sorry.

well : ThreadMentor is a system designed to help students learn and instructors teach threaded programming and the use of synchronization primitives. for more information about this system visist http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/NSF-3/e-Book/Local/system.html.

PS: i never heard of it before , but i was surfing the internet for stuff related to operating system ( cz im taking an operating system course now ) and i came across this system that i found interesting.

Really glad I could help you and good luck with your studies ,that program and threaded programming is way over my head . again ,good luck .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.