Hello all,
I took over the IT duties at my company a few weeks ago. Long story short, the C: drive on one of the servers ran out of space. I had to reboot it because it locked up. Now I'm getting MBR Error 1 and MBR Error 3 when I start. There's valuable accounting stuff on the C: drive and I'm afraid if I run FIXMBR from the Recovery Console I'll be hosed. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

long story short, your in a bad situation. those error messages mean that you are running really low on space, and data is starting to cram into the MBR. If you are the owner of the servers, transfer the data onto a larger disk or delete unnecessary files and data. If you just work for the company, alert the owner of it immediately. Just try (if possible) not to use the server, and run the FIXMBR program if you still must use it.

best of luck,

forumdude123

long story short, your in a bad situation. those error messages mean that you are running really low on space, and data is starting to cram into the MBR. If you are the owner of the servers, transfer the data onto a larger disk or delete unnecessary files and data. If you just work for the company, alert the owner of it immediately. Just try (if possible) not to use the server, and run the FIXMBR program if you still must use it.

best of luck,

forumdude123

That's what I thought. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to respond. Take care!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.