Hi,
I have a desktop running win xp and it has a hp psc1350 printer it is wired to the desktop.I have it shared .I have a dell laptop Inspiron E1505 with Windows Vista home premium edition it has a dell integrated nic . The problem is the laptop does see the hp printer but it will not print. I says it is spooling then nothing. When I check the status on the desktop it shows it spooling then nothing. The printer works on the desktop. Does anyone have any ideal what could be causing this problem?
Thanks Ernie

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I suspect the laptop is trying to print with an xp driver pulled from your desktop which is acting as the print server. From the printers folder on the laptop, right click on the hp and go to the Properties . On the Advanced tab, click New Driver and select the appropriate Vista HP driver for your device(hp psc1300 series)

hi ernie, i agree with laser you might have installed a wrong driver for your printer check out HP website for any latest driver for your printer that support vista

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.