Hello Dudes can anyone tell me how to view hidden files (of system) in vista & also how to get permission to open and read it.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

To see the hidden folders in Vista open Windows Explorer by Opening Documents, Computer or Whatever.
Then Press the ALT key on your Keyboard. You will see a menu appear like in Windows XP Click on Tools and select Folder Options. Go to the View Tab and like in Windows XP select Show Hidden files and folders under Hidden Files and Folders.
Click OK and you are done!

you can also access folder options from the "Organise" drop down on the explorer bar.

That would be the easier way
Organize- Folder and Search Options.
Nice one Scru..

i DON'E SEE 'VEIW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS' IN FOLDER OPTIONS. WHAT TO DO?

i DON'E SEE 'VEIW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS' IN FOLDER OPTIONS. WHAT TO DO?

select the view tab in folder options and scroll down to find the option. It should be there

Another way to change it:

Start --> Control Panel --> Folder Options

You have to be logged in with Administrator privledges in order to change any of those files. I would strongly suggest you leave them alone because you might wind up having to reinstall the operating system if you screw them up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.