Please help, guys?

I don't use this Win2KPro machine often and this morning it was frozen. Cursor wouldn't even move. I rebooted and it now is acting strange, sometimes I just hear the initial disk checking noises and then nothing...black screen - the machine hasn't even accessed the monitor, yellow light blinking on the monitor. I can keep restarting (can't use the restart button, must switch power off and retart that way) and sometimes the screen will come on with the DOS initialization routine and with the familiar beep. When it goes to the "Starting Windows" DOS screen, it freezes.

Won't start with the CD or start in safe mode either. I CAN get to the setup page.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hey there Catalana
reading your post it sounds like you have quite a "oldy" there.what you can do is blow out your machine with can are to remove all dust.youll be amazed at the results. chances are its dust thats preventing your machine from performing. do that and we'll take it from there if theres still no change
??

Hello there

I'm not that expert but
It looks as if you have a memmory problem
Try changing your memmory first

Hope this helps

The BIOS battery might have died. It's rechargeable, but sometimes they totally give out. Then the computer forgets what hardware it has.

Just got some advice to re-seat all the boards. It worked for me!!

commented: that fixed me... +4

That did it!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.