I noticed today when using IE7 I can use it fine but whenever I close it, it stops responding and I have to end the process. I am running Windows XP and always use FF except on the rare occasion I need IE7. Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1 is what I am using now although I doubt that has anything to do with it. I really have no idea what could be causing this.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Try starting it 'Without Add-ons' and see what happens.

commented: Good idea. Thanks for your help +7

Works fine with no add-ons. I wonder which add-on I am having trouble with?

Disabling the Google toolbar lets it close properly now but does anyone have any idea what could have caused this to begin with?

EDIT: After trying it twice it worked and I waited 15 to test it again. Well it would not close so it must not be the Google toolbar.

Might be Google Toolbar is Auto-updating in background, or may be IE 7 itself (Turn off Auto-update of IE 7 if its enabled).

Let me know then..

Might be Google Toolbar is Auto-updating in background, or may be IE 7 itself (Turn off Auto-update of IE 7 if its enabled).

Let me know then..

Neither are updating and the problem appear to be intermittent. Sometimes it will work 3 times in a row with no changes and then the fourth time it will not work.

Strange...try to re-install if its possible.

Strange...try to re-install if its possible.

Seeing as it wasn't working I decided to disable another one of my toolbars about two days ago. I have been sporadically testing it and it appears to work fine now. I disabled that toolbar seeing it was unimportant and all is good. Thanks for your help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.