Hello all, I've been trying to figure this one out for a while to no avail.

I have disabled the "Auto-restart."

I've also tried to recreate the problem, to see if it was a specific program or driver, but that also has lead to nothing.

It happens are various times, under various activities (even an idle PC). It restarts, and never gives me a blue screen. When it loads up, it gives the typical "Windows has recovered from a serious error", and I send in the report. Microsoft has given me two suggestions as to the cause of the problem, one was a video card issue and the other was to update my BIOS.

I did all that, and nothing.

I thought, perchance, it was a heating issue, but I stuck in Knoppix, and the system is running fine with no errors at all. That also takes away from a HDD issue, and a power issue.

So, I'm at wit's end. Any suggestions?

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by mefredbob

Ok, I fixed it myself, thanks for the help. :-p </sarcasm>

For anyone else experiencing this problem, here's what I did:

I booted into safe mode because the computer didn't randomly restart whilst in safe mode. From there, I defragged and cleaned my registry. Then I defragged my computer. After that, I scanned my drive for errors. It reported a few and automatically fixed them.

Since then, the compter's yet to reset... Knock on wood, of course.

So, yes. After hours of waiting, and what not, tada.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.