Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Netking27

delete the c drive partition then start from the basic, partition - format - install OS.. and make sure that there's no virus in your D partition..check if it helps..

I tried completely re-formatting both, and even installed a different OS (on the off chance something was wrong with my XP CD). Installed Vista Ultimate, and it *seemed* to work for a bit. But then slow downs began to happen, I had to reboot a few times, and it eventually went to a blue dump screen whenever it should have loaded Windows. Even a repair didn't work.

My best guess is the hard drive is just going kapoot.

you might be right, but i would investigate what partition windows is installed on. and is the partition active/bootable. if after investigating this and it does not fix the problem you might want to check the hard drive. run chkdsk /f then run fdisk to set the active partition.

Backup data delete both partitions and create a new 'clean' partition.install OS after full format.

best would be a clean format after of course u had backed up ur data..

checking ur hd could solve the issue

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.