CoolGamer48 65 Posting Pro in Training

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

My computer keeps crashing, causing it to restart, and I don't know why. Here's what I know:

• It's happened only on Windows XP
  • Its happened on one of my machines multiple times,and just started happening on my second
  • The crashes always occur when I'm using VC++ with DirectX
  • Both machines have sub par video cards

The Microsoft error I used to get on my first machine said that it was an issue with a device driver. This makes me think that both my current drivers, while technically compatible with DirectX, don't work well with it. Is this probably what's causing the error? If so, how exactly should I fix it? If not, what is the problem and what should I do?

One last thing: With the crash that just occurred on my second machine, I was having some weird behavior with a 3D model in my program. I ran the program once, and it worked. I then changed just one thing, a parameter to a SetCamera() function, changing the x value from 5.0 to 20.0, and I could no longer see the model (centered at the origin). I moved it back to 5, could see it. Moved it to 4, could see it. Moved it back to 5, could not see it, and basically played around with the numbers until right after one compile, the computer restarted. I wasn't working in 3D for most of the crashes on my old machine,so the problem isn't isolated to 3D issues, but I thought that was worth mentioning.

Again, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.