I have been searching and searching and can not find anyway of fixing this. I recently got a new (old) computer that my work gave me that was running Windows 2000 NT. I upgraded it too windows XP, but keeped running into a problem with it not liking my CD Device? Somehow after a while it worked and I upgraded to XP, but since then I don't have a CD Drive any more on My Computer (It did work before the upgrade). I have gone through and done a whole lot of different stuff recommend on here and on the web. Like:
- Running regedit and deleting upperfilter and lowerfilter, but actually, they were not present, so there was nothing too delete.
- I downloaded DMR's xp_cd_dvd_fix which was in another thread and ran it and rebooted 3-4 times, but with No luck.
- Looked on Device Manager, but its not there
- Gone add hardware, but it doesn't find any new hardware to add
- Went into BIOS and looked there, it shows CD Drive - Not Installed (Or words to that effect)
- I tried opening the unit and unpluging and re-pluging in the CD drive. I even tried putting in an old CD drive, but it didn't recognise that new hardware had been added.
I Don't know what too do. I'm ok with computers, but thats only if I'm following instructions off the web or something. I wouldn't know what to try myself! Can someone please help!