blauvvy 0 Newbie Poster

Outlook Version: Outlook 2003 (11.8206.8202) SP3
Windows Version: Windows XP 5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600

An extremely annoying but minor problem with Outlook 2003:

1. "Ocassionally" (not sure what triggers it), Outlook will lose all of my Favorite Folders -- these are the list of folders I have placed a shortcut to on the upper left-hand panel of the Navigation Pane. They are simply gone sometimes when I start up Outlook, and I must then go and recreate them using the right-click "Add to Favorite Folders" command.

2. As an inelegant work-around, I have discovered that they are store in a file called Outlook.xml in the "Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook subfolder. So I can save a "clean" version of this file, and overwrite the corrupt one when this happens. But this method is a pain in the neck.

3. The problem SEEMS to be associated with an imperfect shutdown of Outlook, because sometimes when I shut down Windows, I will get a dialog box "Outlook.exe not responding" and the choice to "End Process" or cancel.

4. The only major change I have made to Outlook recently was to add a IMAP email account to several POP accounts I already have set up, but again I'm not sure if this is the cause, or just coincidental.

Looked around this forum and the web a bit and can't find a good clear answer to this.

Thanks for your consideration.

blauvvy