Hey guys
I have a laptop with a "bugger".Whenever I start the laptop(Dell) its performance is really slow, so I went into the task bar to realize that the conime.exe file is the culprit of absorbing the processor performance.

I did some research and windows describe the file as essential(fair enough),but that it can also contain trojans,viruses etc.Windows recommended that I get a free online scan.However the dell is not on the network and now Im looking for a program to do the scan.any recomendations on where to find one(other opinions is greatly appreciated)

Thanx in advance;)

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Check out hte virus and nasties section and there you will get a lot of free recommended softwares to scan your system, just get it downloaded and put it on a usb drive or something to install it to the sick PC. That should get it working.

Raj

Check out hte virus and nasties section and there you will get a lot of free recommended softwares to scan your system, just get it downloaded and put it on a usb drive or something to install it to the sick PC. That should get it working.

Raj

Thanx
I did a couple of scans with different virus programs.Raj are you perhaps fimiliar with the conime.exe file cos im looking for a cleaner that can do its job within that file(since thats where the problem lies)
thanx again

Can you locate the file in your hard disk? If you can then check the date it was created and see if it matches with something that you installed of was it installed by itself. I ll search for you and see what it comes up with. CHeck out yourself for the properties of that file to see who is the author etc.

Raj

I'm assuming you already seen this info but just to be on the safe side check this out and see if you get any errors after the scan with the file's performance.

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/conime

See if you get anywhere with it.

problem solved
There was a file named something like 'BFGHOST01' in the conime.exe and resulted the problem.for those of you that with a similar problem use the following registry cleaner: RegCure
---Raj,thanx for the effort-ill work on your rep points---cool

glad to help dude, I was going to mention that file as well as its all over the place about that file linked to Conime.exe. Well..at least your pc wont pester you anymore.

Now go ahead and do the honours of marking this thread solved....

good luck

Yes sir, if you read the full post it wasn't the conime that was the problem. it was Ghost01 file within conime that was creating the problems.

Raj

I did some research and windows describe the file as essential(fair enough),but that it can also contain trojans,viruses etc.

I wasnt firmiliar back then with the conime.exe file,but like I said it is a known victim of trojans,virsuses etc.

cool

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.