Hi guys
i hav win xp with office 2007, i can't see my cd drive under "my computer", when i reboot my system drive light is on, but i can t see te in my computer.. i hav same problem sometimes earliar but it was solved i dont know why,, but this time it is from 3 days & i can t see my "e" drive... can anyone help me out..

I have the exact same problem. I cant find anything to solve it. The solutions are crap, they dont work. Only solution ive found is the one I have pasted below. But it is for Vista, I have XP. I need help as well. I got the problem after I uninstalled Norton. Cuz it couldnt remove the Vundo virus. Now I have another anti-virus. But it is a microsoft file that causes the problem and needs to be removed. All my drivers are updated so it is not my drivers.

Hmm... well I found the class folder now and did the removal prosidure. And it did work. My computer did restart and very fast too. And my cd-rom is there again in My Computer. Dont know how I managed not to find the folder the firts time. But anyway... In XP the class folder is in the third control folder not the first as described for Vista.

I have the exact same problem. I cant find anything to solve it. The solutions are crap, they dont work. Only solution ive found is the one I have pasted below. But it is for Vista, I have XP. I need help as well. I got the problem after I uninstalled Norton. Cuz it couldnt remove the Vundo virus. Now I have another anti-virus. But it is a microsoft file that causes the problem and needs to be removed. All my drivers are updated so it is not my drivers.

People... This is for Windows Vista Home Premium

BUT TRY TO DO IT ON YOUR WINDOWS VISTA VERSION, TOO.

EVERYONE, INCLUDING ME, HAS TO CREATE A RESTORE

POINT BEFORE DOING THIS, OKAY? So that if it does not work,

you will be able to restore your computer to an earlier date;

a date before doing this.

I called Microsoft and they guided me through a process as follows:

1) Click the WINDOWS START BUTTON

2) Click over the Windows START BUTTON, there is the SEARCH engine.

Click there and search for regedit

3) Click regedit and the Registry Editor folder will open

4) On the left menu, in order to make the folders drop down, click

the following folders with an arrow as follows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then,

SYSTEM, then,

Control, then,

Class, then look for {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

5) On the right side of this folder, you will see some files (probably

with a small "ab" on a little paper which is an icon). Look for

LowerFilter and right-click it and DELETE IT. Yes, delete the file!

Don't worry if you think it could damage your computer system

since, HOPEFULLY, you have already created a Restore Point

for your system.

6) After deleting the LowerFilter file from your system,

RESTART your computer.

7) Look for the CD/DVD drive and WOW, BACK TO NORMAL !

hehehe... I hope this helps you all!

Take care!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.