This morning, I turned on the PC (windows ME) and I discovered that I have no sound, then in the afternoon when I went to Start, Settings, Control Panel, Sounds and Multimedia and then clicked the Audio tab, under Prefered Device, it says I have No Playback Devices.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Go to: START, SETTINGS, CONTROL PANEL, SYSTEMS.

From the SYSTEMS PROPERTIES menu, select DEVICE MANAGER.

Look for any colored flags (yellow or red) associated with any device on the list. If you find one, click on the "+" next to the device and expand the sub-list. Then click on the individual device (may be a double click, can't remember). If the device is not working properly, there will be a description of the problem and probably a link to assist you in fixing it.

If all the devices show no flags, then everything is OK (hardware wise). Then it's time to check things like the connections to the speakers, speaker power, speaker volume, etc. (the stuff we take for granted).

Also- letting us know exactly what make/model/version of sound card or sound chipset you have (as well as what sound drivers your system is currently using) would help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.