Gooday. I have xp and in my device manager there is a yellow other devices question mark and in that there is a yellow question mark with video controller. I think that before had display adaptors with the video in it. How can I put it back the way it was.

Recommended Answers

All 28 Replies

hi
go to the drive properties and see if you can roll back the driver.if not than youll need to install the vga drivers that you got with your mobo or graphics card

Gooday. It says no drivers to roll back. I can't find a install disc, I don't think we ever had one.

Try going to the manufacturers website for your mobo / graphics card, and downloading the drivers from there ;)

mc is right...if you have any other difficulties,than
give me the make and model of the motherboard if its onboard
OR
if its pci/pci-e than give me the name of the card and Ill help you to find it.
??

Try going to the manufacturers website for your mobo / graphics card, and downloading the drivers from there ;)

Gooday. I have tried that, when I download the driver it says one already exists, do you want to override, when I hit yes it goes through the actions and at the end it says can't locate drivers that are compatiable with current hardware. In the hardware manager it says no driver.

mc is right...if you have any other difficulties,than
give me the make and model of the motherboard if its onboard
OR
if its pci/pci-e than give me the name of the card and Ill help you to find it.
??

Gooday. The following is written on the card. ge 0204 118 geforce 11mx 200 64m agp vga. Thats all I know about the card.

what you can do in device manager is to right click the hard ware>properties> click the update driver and locate the location of the downloaded drivers.

if the driver is right then it should work this way
good luck

what you can do in device manager is to right click the hard ware>properties> click the update driver and locate the location of the downloaded drivers.

if the driver is right then it should work this way
good luck

Gooday. I have tried that, it says cant find one, there is none in roll back.

Hi
You can completely uninstall the driver and in stall the files manually

Hi
You can completely uninstall the driver and in stall the files manually

Gooday. If I click the uninstall in the device manager, it removes the video from the other devices, if I install it all is as before.

Are you sure this is a video card that you're not using currently?I dont know if that can be resulting in whats happening to here, but there isnt much that can be wrong
On a final note you can reinstall the mobo chipset drivers, following the controller drivers again and see if that can fix it. I dont know what else it can be

Gooday. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I just went to use WWtelescope and it said need directx and video (these had worked before) I downloaded directx and it said errors dxerror.log and directx.log. Whatever that means.

Hi warreng
according to my understanding it can eighter be one of two thing namely:
1-the video controller is not currently in use
or
2-theres confli]ct between two video controller drivers

As for the directX issue go into safe mode and install the the latest version thats required by the video controller. If that fails install an older version and than update it with the newer version

sorry I could'nt be of more help

Gooday. How do I find out if the video controller is not in use and if there is a conflict

You can right click desktop>settings[tab]>advance [tab]>adapter
It should display the name/model of the Gfx card.
If the name appears the same on the card as it does in adapter propertied than you know it's the same.

Cheers and Good luck
>>

You can right click desktop>settings[tab]>advance [tab]>adapter
It should display the name/model of the Gfx card.
If the name appears the same on the card as it does in adapter propertied than you know it's the same.

Cheers and Good luck
>>[/QUOTE
Gooday. Where do I find desktop to click on it. Also in the directx diagnostic tool in display, under device it says na.

Hi Warreng
The desktop is the immediate screen when you log onto you're windows. The screen that has the walpaper that you can change where all you're icons resides including recycle bin. Follow my previous instructions and let me know how it went.

Cheers

Hi Warreng
The desktop is the immediate screen when you log onto you're windows. The screen that has the walpaper that you can change where all you're icons resides including recycle bin. Follow my previous instructions and let me know how it went.

Cheers

Gooday. I have done that, in the adapter info everything is unknown.

Sounds like improper drivers. Did you get the drivers with the card. If not post the name of the card so I can see if I can help you find the drivers for the card.But first Uninstall and reinstall the drivers again before posting.

Gooday. When I uninstall in the hardware and reinstall using Nvidia it all comes back the same. I don''t have a cd. It is a Nvidia Corp GeForce 2mx 100/200 (DDR) (NV11DDR). each time I download the driver from Nvidia it says could not find drivers that are compatible with hardware.

This is rather strange, cleearly you need the file, give a second and Ill get back to you

Ok warreng
So you're saying that everything in the red circle is unknown? there isnt even a name of the GFX card?
[See the attached file]
Get back to me as soon as you can for me to assist you immediately:)

Gooday. There is nothing in the red circle, everything is unknown.

That means there's no card drivers detected, meaning no card drivers installed. you need to find the right drivers and install them. Warreng I need for you to tell me the model name of the card if you need me to help me with finding the drivers. An example of the name of the card would be geforce 8800 gt or geforce 9600 gt.

Cheers

Gooday. On the card it says ge 0204 118 geforce 11mx 200 64m agp vga.

Hi wareng I found the driver for you're card, follow this link
http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?action=download&driverid=1003802

[This is a membership accont however I think it should work]

if it isnt a wizzard installation of the drivers than you may need to do it manually

Manual installation:
computer management>right click hardware thaht you want to install GFX card> properties> update driver> browse the location of the downloaded files.

Good luck
Cheers for now

IT WORKED. Thank you . You are a genious. I have had this on a few sites and none of them knew how to fix it.
Thank You.

You're welcome warreng

Please mark the tread as solved and if you're ahappy with the results Ill appreciate some rep.

Cheers my friend :)

commented: He is the only person who knew how to fix it. Thanks. +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.