1. Go “START”, “RUN” type “CMD” Press “OK”
2. Type sfc /scannow /f (note:- space after sfc)
3. Windows file protection will check your files. Follow any prompts; you may be required to use your XP CD.
4. Re-boot your PC
If you are still having problems then try:-
On-line Virus Scan
Go to one or all of these sites and do an online virus scan.
1. Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
2. At the end, be sure to check the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
3. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
4. Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
5. When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
6. Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
7. When completed, a log will open in Notepad.