I have had great help here in the past, so i thought i would try my last resort. Nothing has helped me yet

I get this Event Viewer > System error every time i turn on my pc

The LogMeIn Kernel Information Provider service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.

I have uninstalled the application and contact the company to no avail....why is it still there and trying to load?

logmein.com was where i got it

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

From the sound of it the program Logmein did not completely uninstall all of it's files from your system. Other than going through the system registery and manually removing any left over files from the bad uninstall...Your only choice is really to continue to see if you can contact Logmein.com.

Note:
I do not suggest you go into the system registery unless you know exactly what you are doing...you can do more harm than good if you do not know what you are doing in the system registery.

From the sound of it the program Logmein did not completely uninstall all of it's files from your system. Other than going through the system registery and manually removing any left over files from the bad uninstall...Your only choice is really to continue to see if you can contact Logmein.com.

Note:
I do not suggest you go into the system registery unless you know exactly what you are doing...you can do more harm than good if you do not know what you are doing in the system registery.

thanks for the reply, but i tried that!

anyone help?

Hi,
You could try this registry cleaner, it is very good. www.ccleaner.com

Before you use any registry cleaner, it is recommended that you back up your computer, create a system restore point and then back up your registry. That way if any thing goes wrong you can get your system back as it was.

One way to sometimes fix this type of problem is to download and reinstall it and then uninstall it again, sometimes you get a bad uninstall program with the main program.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.