recently, i recieved an error message saying something like: "failed mfc71u.dll. try reinstalling it to fix this problem". i have no idea what the hell it is but i researched it this morning and found out its something for the task manager. i'm wondering if its connected to another problem i have been getting recently as well which is when i click on my start menu, i go to accessories and then it freezes which then results in two error messages coming up saying: "windows explorer needs to close." the other one is something bout "drwatsonbugg something".
i then have to restart which really is annoying. does anyone know how i can resolve this?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

recently, i recieved an error message saying something like: "failed mfc71u.dll. try reinstalling it to fix this problem". i have no idea what the hell it is but i researched it this morning and found out its something for the task manager. i'm wondering if its connected to another problem i have been getting recently as well which is when i click on my start menu, i go to accessories and then it freezes which then results in two error messages coming up saying: "windows explorer needs to close." the other one is something bout "drwatsonbugg something".
i then have to restart which really is annoying. does anyone know how i can resolve this?

you could google the file or something ,and find this info .
http://www.file.net/process/mfc71u.dll.html

you could try windows updates or something .or go to start/run and type in SFC /SCANNOW ,you will need the windows cd in the drive to install missing or corrupt windows files
doctorwatsondebug or something is a windows security program of sorts .
you should do some spyware/virus removal scans ,i suggest 2 programs to help clean up you computer ,just google for them .
Spybot search and destroy.
and ccleaner .
good luck or somthing like that ,lol

thank you very much. i shall try all that then.
Becca

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.