Dear all,
I do have window vista in my notebook. I am having problem with browsing. Once I connected to internet then I can log in my YM, MSN and google chat but unfortunately I cannot open any internet windows such as internet explorer, mozila, or safari. I really don't know what is the problem with my notebook.
Please advise me in this regards.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
BARUN

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Maybe a firewall problem, this could block all the above browsers.

Could you please tell me how can I fix up this problem?

I have just installed McAfee antivirus and running full scan now, it may take 4 more hours, then I will check again.

It should not the firewall that blocks browser applications. Exceptions in firewall are only some sort of programs & services such as..AVG, file printer & sharing, IDM, network, Ms outlook, YM etc.

You can try the restore to previous version located in the properties of your C:\ drive. See if this helps.

Thanks.

It should not the firewall that blocks browser applications. Exceptions in firewall are only some sort of programs & services such as..AVG, file printer & sharing, IDM, network, Ms outlook, YM etc.

You can try the "restore to previous version" tab located in the properties of your C:\ drive. See if this helps.

Thanks.

If you can use google chat and messaging but cannot browse the internet with any browser (Internet Explorer, Safari. Mozilla or Firefox) then the most probable cause is a firewall blocking this type of communication.
Each type of communication uses what is called a port on both your machine and the remote machine. The job of a firewall is to block all communiations to particular ports.
Web Browsing uses port 80
Email uses port 25
There are many others for different types of communication between computers.
If a firewall is misconfigured it may block outgoing requests to remote port 80 which is most likly your problem.

The following may increase your exposure to security risks!
To find out if this is the problem turn on the Microsoft Windows firewall, ensure that all its settings are the default values. Then turn off any other security software with firewalls - Norton etc.
Try browsing to a safe site. ie www.microsoft.com if this works you can be certain that you have a firewall problem on your machine.
You will then have to consider the problems you may have with settings in your security programms.
Webfoot0

Dear All,
Thanx for all suggestions. Still I couldn't fixed up my problems. Now, even I couldn't open YM, MSN and Gtalk in my laptop.
When I used same cable to my desktop PC everything works, May be I have to visit maintenance centre.

Once again thank you all.

Cheers,
BARUN

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.