Hey There guys, Its been a long time since I did a defrag, at least a year maybe.

Now Ive tried ultimate defrag, but it always stops a certain percentage everytime.
^ (I checked the website, they say its a common bug)

Anyhow, can anyone help me? I want to get a good free defragger from online, Thats quick and easy to use.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hey There guys, Its been a long time since I did a defrag, at least a year maybe.

Now Ive tried ultimate defrag, but it always stops a certain percentage everytime.
^ (I checked the website, they say its a common bug)

Anyhow, can anyone help me? I want to get a good free defragger from online, Thats quick and easy to use.

Thanks.

If it doesn't defrag completely, then it's likely that the problem is due to fragmented system files like the master file table (MFT) of NTFS. You can check the defrag analysis if that is indeed the case. I dont think there is any free defragger that will defrag these files. You can however download free trial versions of Diskeeper 2009 from http://www.diskeeper.com and use it to defrag. It's excellent (I use the full version) and it works for 30 days just as a normal version after which it will deactivate, or you have to buy it. But remember to uninstall the other third party defraggers before you install this.

If it doesn't defrag completely, then it's likely that the problem is due to fragmented system files like the master file table (MFT) of NTFS. You can check the defrag analysis if that is indeed the case. I dont think there is any free defragger that will defrag these files. You can however download free trial versions of Diskeeper 2009 from http://www.diskeeper.com and use it to defrag. It's excellent (I use the full version) and it works for 30 days just as a normal version after which it will deactivate, or you have to buy it. But remember to uninstall the other third party defraggers before you install this.

Now I have a major issue, This diskeeper I dont how in the world to use it. Its far from user friendly Anyhow As I message you with my issues I never got a reply. But Before I installed this I run a program that some of you probaly are familiar of called "Microsoft Flight Simulator" I m running the lastest version called "FSX" (Microsoft Flight Simulator 10) Now.. I cant run it as for every single time get a fatal error. And was after installing his "Disk Keeper".

I will say this after the installation and configuration processes I got a bunch of alerts from my computer a variety of them I dont remember a few somthing like Win32 Alerts and Dll alerts and something all due to Disk Keeper. And THEN My SpySweeper Got alerts giving me them and etc etc. It becae a natural pain fter that I stopped getting the alerts but i could not run FSX. I just this hour uninstalled DiskKeeper, But it created some MySQL stuff on my computer I dont know how to gt rid of! I have a little Computer base with a white circle and a green arrow in it of the MySQL server.

And while I am first turning on my computer and loading up my desktop I get clicking sounds as if I was on IE Playing with the forward and backward buttons to get to another webpage. The sounds I get are rapid clicks like
"Click...Click-Click-Click--...Click.Click-Click...........Click-Click......Click"

Please help, I want to continue haveing My Flight Simulator running.

Also my SpySweeper Just popped up a alert, With the BHO Shield
"It is recommended that you do a full sweep of your system to remove any remnants RUNDLL32.EXE that may exist on your system"

I had not logged in for a while because I was on vacation, so I missed your PM. Just saw it.

(1) What OS are you using?
(2) What edition of the Diskeeper trial version did you download? Does it match the supported OSes? Did you get it from the official site?
(3) Did you uninstall the other 3rd party defraggers?

I have been using various versions of Diskeeper over the years, including the current 2009 version on 2 XP Pro systems (one trial one full)+ 1 Vista system, and I've never had any problems with the software. With the 2008/2009 versions, it's usually :
-Install
-Open up the Diskeeper GUI
-select the relevant volumes
-right click and choose automatic defragmentation
-check the option.
That's it! Could not be more straightforward!
You can set manual defrag or boot-time defrag the same way. If you want, you can tweak specific settings in the configuration properties too, but it's optional.

I don't know what's going on with the SQL stuff....I've never seen anything remotely like what you described with the error messages and warnings or SQL in all the years I've used Diskeeper. I suspect the problem lies elsewhere....maybe malware/viruses or some incompatiblity with your anti-spyware program and something other application on the system.

As for rundll32.exe, it's not necessarily a trojan; often it's used by Windows and other apps
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/what-is-rundll32exe-and-why-is-it-running/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.