Hello everybody, this is my first post!

I am so stuck. I'm using Windows 98SE and IE6 SP1 with a broadband internet connection. When i go to access my hotmail account either through www.hotmail.com or through the link on my msn it starts loading as usual but nothing comes up just a blank page with "done" in the left hand corner, no matter how much i refresh it, it stays the same. I can initially log on, but when i click the sign in button after entering my username and password it presents the blank page. This also happens with the 02 website after ive entered my login details, other websites such as my online banking where i enter login details are fine.

Also i can't download any music on my WinMX, everything just disconnects, this has all happened around the same time but i don't know if it's connected at all. I've read loads of pages on here and done all the deleting cookies, temporary internet files, set my securtiy to the default level etc etc but there's no change.

Can anyone help? It's driving me mad, thankyou very much in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Welcome aboard, quite an issue for a first post. I hope that you posess great ambition,
like Nobunaga. (1989 joke, sorry)

Do you have some sort of script blocking turned on in conflict like nortons
internet security over top of windows firewall?

Welcome aboard, quite an issue for a first post. I hope that you posess great ambition,
like Nobunaga. (1989 joke, sorry)

Do you have some sort of script blocking turned on in conflict like nortons
internet security over top of windows firewall?

Thanks for your reply, i don't have norton, used to ages ago ive got AVG Anti Virus, how do i know if thats got script blocking turned on though? and i havent't changed any settings on it either, hotmail and 02 have always worked before. The only thing i have done recently is go to the windows update site and downloaded all of the critical updates it suggested, i really don't have a clue why it's suddenly started doing this?

For anyone who has had this problem and is still looking for an answer, i managed to sort it out myself last night. I went into my Internet Explorer folder in program files and ran the setup for IE6. After the setup was complete my computer restarted and i could then get onto both hotmail and 02 and other pages with no problem. So, i think it's just a problem with the version of IE!!

I have the same issue, I am not sure if my issue has to do with IE because I use Mozilla and the same issues persist. What else do you think it could be - all my spyware software does not detect anything unusual - and HJT does not display anything unusual in its log.

I have the same issue, I am not sure if my issue has to do with IE because I use Mozilla and the same issues persist. What else do you think it could be - all my spyware software does not detect anything unusual - and HJT does not display anything unusual in its log.

Maybe you could try a different version of mozilla like i did with internet explorer? i don't know as i've never used it before, hope this helps...

am so stuck. I'm using Windows xp and IE6 with a broadband internet connection. When i go to access my rediff account it starts loading as usual but nothing comes up just a blank page with "done" in the left hand corner, no matter how much i refresh it, it stays the same. I can initially log on, but when i click the sign in button after entering my username and password it presents the blank page. This also happens with some oyher sites also

Welcome.....

Your reply is almost exactly the same as the starter of this thread!

Good luck with your issue

Hello,

We are supporting a intranet application developed in java. Of late, some users have reported of page loading as blank. The browser used is IE 6 and OS is Windows XP Pro.

The work around has been to delete the cache /cookie and restart the IE. It works fine for a few days and again it re surfaces.

Any idea what could be done to fix it.

Some thoughts:

- The user's browser does not have a scripting language you used installed, or has it turned off.

- A firewall is blocking certain kinds of files.

- An ISP is blocking certain kinds of files.

- An ISP is overloaded, causing the browser to time out before loading the content.

- Another web page is using a file with the same name, and the browser is using that, rather than refreshing it.

- An old version of the page is in cache.

- An ad site featured on the page is overloaded. It causes the browser to time out, preventing the rest of the page from loading.

- The content is a type older browsers can't display (e.g. .png or .xml files).

- Cookies are turned off in the browser.

- A cookie is expected to be used by different sites.

I am having the same issue! I installed updates and then now I get blank pages or broken images when accessing gmail or sites with flash. I have no idea how to fix this and have tried EVERYTHING. I have vista and IE7 - I installed Opera and still get broken images and overlapping of text. Something went terribly wrong with my update installation obviously. I even reset my IE7 and it still didn't help. Does anyone have a fix for this?

blank page displayed when accessing my e-mail box

blank page displayed when accessing e-mail box

In my system internet connection is alright bt when i am browsing throug any of the browser it shows nothing at left corner on status bar it shows "done" and at the title it shows "(untitled)" in firefox and all browsers. plz help me ......................................................

and my operating system is win 7 ultimate 32 bit

My solution to this was to replace my wifi router. Prior to this I had been tearing my hair out for around five days, thinking I a trojan something similar. My symptoms included not being able to reach microsoft.com. Some pages worked, others didn't work at all and some partly worked. Same symptoms occured across all browsers and across all my computers. All checks for trojans and virus lead nowhere - and I went through a lot of security tools.

In the end it was the router which I believe was somehow scrambling dns calls and/or pages it was downloading. A new router and everything was instantly perfect.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.