undefinedundefined

I have StyleXP but use to get skins on www.themexp.org. This last few months I cannot load the website? :rolleyes: :mad:
I don't know if this has something to do with SP2 I downloaded but all I see is words like the names of the wallpaer or skin etc not pics or links or anything like that. Its like its not loading all the way but yet I see people are still submitting their stuff?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Is it just that site that you're having trouble viewing, and is hte problem just with one computer?

If so, try flushing out your Temp and Temporary Internet Files folders. You can empty your Temporary Internet Files folder from the Internet Options control panel, but I prefer to delete everything manually just to make sure I've completely flushed things out:

- Reboot into safe mode (you get to the safe mode boot option by hitting the F8 key as your computer is starting up)

- Open Windows Explorer, and in the Folder Options->View settings under the Tools menu, select "show hidden files and folders", and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".

- For every user account listed under C:\Documents and Settings, delete the entire contents of these folders:

1. Local Settings\Temp
2. Cookies
3. History
4. Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

- Delete the entire content of your C:\Windows\Temp folder (in Win XP) or C:\WINNT\Temp folder (in Win 2000)

Note- If you get any messages concerning the deletion of system files such as desktop.ini or index.dat, just choose to delete those files; they'll be automatically regenerated by Windows if needed. Windows will allow you to delete the versions of those files which exist in sub-folders within the main Temp/Temorary folders, but might not let you delete the versions of those files that exist in the main Temp folders themselves; this is normal and OK.

- Empty your Recycle Bin.

- Reboot normally.

Ok.... did everything you said.... still cant get the site to load all the way...
now what?

Let me ask this again:

Is it just that site that you're having trouble viewing, and is the problem just with one computer?

Let me ask this again:

Yes... just one pc and only that site? :!:

That's weird. Aside from a corrupted page cache, I don't really know what would cause that to happen with just one specific site. :?:

:rolleyes:

Does the site work for you?

:rolleyes:

That site works fine for me, in three different browsers: Internet Exploder, Netscape, and Firefox.

;) Well that is so strange.... It seems like it happened ever since I downloaded SP2......could that have something to do with it? Do you have any other suggestions on what to do? :eek:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.