Hey guys. I don't know how to password protect a file in the desktop. If you could give me some suggestions (anything would help). Thanks guys,

nikkisboricua

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

What OS are you using ?? you can use softwares like folder guard and folder hide etc. any ways.

Hey guys. I don't know how to password protect a file in the desktop. If you could give me some suggestions (anything would help). Thanks guys,

nikkisboricua

If you are using XP just right click on the folder and go to properties/security and check off make this folder private !

Hi there,
I don't how i can put a password on my folders on the desktop. I'm using WinXP as the OS. I have tried to follow the above instructions i can only see security but i can't see private. Please help out. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,
I don't how i can put a password on my folders on the desktop. I'm using WinXP as the OS. I have tried to follow the above instructions i can only see security but i can't see private. Please help out. Thanks in advance.

just let me say this ,you should not store folders on the desktop with important file in them,the reason ,the desktop is just a file created to store shortcuts and for users to access windows operations ,and can become corrupt ,you will loose all files stored on the desktop,file and folders should only be stored on the root of C:\,[or a add in/external storage hard drive of course ] giving C: is the drive letter of you hard drive .

hi,i m mahendra & asking you how can i give a pssword in files & folders

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.