Two questions here...One how is is possible that entering a specific site "my space" my cursor freezes? it appears to be only that site....

Secondly say I wanted to wipe out my system and start new, is it as easy as it was on Windows 98? That was just pop in a disk and things were straight forward? Is it the same? Any help is sure appreciated?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Myspace may have a java or flash app that is causeing the browser to crash. Yes Easy to load windows insert cd boot from cd click next 100 different times

I sure appreciate the KIND reply..is it ONE cd to reboot XP or a few, if one which one would I use! ?

if one which one would I use! ?

cant resist! the winxp cd!
windows xp comes on one disk ,but if you own a compaq or dell or Acer computer you may have 2 recovery cds' whre you would use both ,they would be marked disk 1 disk 2 ect ect
the hardest part about installing winxp is still the same as it was with win98 ,install drivers for things like sound and video and network devices @ after winxp is installed

Installing XP is not an issue, just :
#Set the boot device priority to 'Boot from cd' from the bios menu
#press any key to start boot from Cd after reboot
#Follow the instructions and proceed with the installation
#Do Not Manually Reboot During Installation
#post installing windows, set the boot device priority back to the HDD
#Install the graphic(Video), LAN\Modem(Network), Sound Drivers
#In case u having formatted a partition for installation, install all other required stuff that\if was lost e.g. media players, security suites, browsers, codecs, etc.etc...

the hardest part about installing winxp is still the same as it was with win98 ,install drivers for things like sound and video and network devices @ after winxp is installed

yurp.

XP is an NT based system, so there is NO DOS.

The blue text-based part of the install is where you do the partitioning etc... no need to use dos or fdisk.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.