Hi,

Currently, I am helping my office to buy a server to centralise the files, share of files and backup individual desktop and notebooks. Can anyone recommend me which server is worth of a buy?

Thank you.
Pinky80.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If you add some details about what kind of network you are looking to have, you might get some better results. Some things you might post are:

What size of network are you planning on having?

Other than backups and filesharing, what else will you use the network for?

Do you have a budget in mind for the system?

Will you be utilizing switches and routers for connectivity?

A server purchase can be a mild task, or it can be very overwhelming...depeding on what you are doing. Have a great day!

If you add some details about what kind of network you are looking to have, you might get some better results. Some things you might post are:

What size of network are you planning on having?

Other than backups and filesharing, what else will you use the network for?

Do you have a budget in mind for the system?

Will you be utilizing switches and routers for connectivity?

A server purchase can be a mild task, or it can be very overwhelming...depeding on what you are doing. Have a great day!

Hi itdupuis,

Thanks for your reply. Currently, our office is using IPVPN so i guess for connectivity wise there's not much of a issue. Currently, our office main issue is to backup every individual notebooks(wireless connection) and desktop(cable connection) in case there's a power failure or computer HDD crash and filesharing. Actually, I am not so familar what a server can do as my computer knowledge is only that little. Budget wise, i guess around S$6k to S$10k. But actually I am thinking is there something which is much lower than this budget? At first, I am thinking of using a NAS system but thinking of the future, it only have little function, therefore decided to have a server. Hopefully, you can advise me more.

Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.