Hi,

I need some help here.

I Haven't been using my computer cause I've been in the middle of a move. My service pack 1 expired in October. I turn on my computer yesterday to download service pack 2 and after countless restarts and some bsods I finally get on. Well, I go to microsofts website and go through the motions, then I get the message:

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

No matter how many times I try this is the message I get everytime.

Upon restarting the computer I get another message saying that this may not be a genuine copy of windows and that I may be a victim of software counterfeiting. It tells me I need to validate it. So I do, but the message pops up every so often and I validate it again. At this point I am at a total loss.

Another message I occasionally get is:

This application has failed to start because imagehlp.dll was not found. RE-installing the application may fix this problem.

Please, I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance,

Silvertype

emachines
windows xp
IE

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.