I have a desktop computer with windows Xp Professionnal sp2. When my computer has been turned off for the night or for an hour or so, windows Xp won't boot. I see the bios and everything goes well. Then just before the windows logo is supposed to appear, it just stays black no mouse icon, and I need to reset the computer.Then it ask me to start windows normally or in safe mode etc etc. I choose to start normally. If I restart the pc 3 or 4 time and choose start windows normally it will finally starts. Everything goes well, Windows start and everything is ok. I ran adaware, norton with the latest patch. I also have the latest drivers for my nvidia video card.

It's annoying to do this every morning. I've upgraded my video card to the latest nvidia drivers. I ran powermax for my hard drive and memtest and evreything is fine.

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by DMR

I don't think this is a software problem, but more of a hardware problem, and therefore you should let somebody check the components of your PC.

Michael

I don't think this is a software problem, but more of a hardware problem

Quite possible.

kindastuff,

Does the freeze also occur if you choose to boot into Safe Mode instead of booting normally?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.