Hi All,
About 2 months ago i got a new toshiba laptop. Untill recently it has been working great, but recently it has been freezing when i surf the web. It usualy dosent happen when im surfing a single page, but when pop ups start comming up, it will freeze. i will hit ctrl-alt-delete, then hit restart. this will clear the frozen web pages, but then it says rundll32.exe, is not closing... then that it is not responding. This is quite a hassle, and i am just curious if this is a problem many people face, and if its something that i can easyly correct myself or if i should seek help from a computer shop. Any help you could provied me with would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks for your time.
Bryan Roden

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Rundll runs dll (Dynamic Link Libraries) files.
When rundll32.exe gets an error, it is usually due to an error that is located in 1 or more Dll files. The best thing to do is to get an pop-up blocker. Click here for Smart pop-up blocker.

Popup blockers are great but sometime you also need to remove the programs ,or bad DLL's that are generating the popups ,check out our Security Fourm .,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.