Hello all,
I am in desperate need for help. I have search both Microsoft and Apples web sites for help and have not found anything. My problem is I no longer can play Quicktime movies in a web browser or just play them period. All I get is a nice blank white screen, I can hear the audio, but thats it. I have tried download/updating the quicktime software. I have tried deleting the software and reinstalling it. Any PC wiz out there, please help.

Notes: I am using windows XP, I am on the most recent XP service pack, I added all the updates Microsoft had.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This thread has been moved to Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 since the question is about Windows XP.

I downloaded the latest update for Windows XP yesterday (11/21/04) but the my the system shows the lowest color allowed and I've tried everything to get a higher color rate. I tried downloading another driver, but it was obsolete. Could you tell me how to rectify this problem? Or if necessary to reestablish my windows program to what it was on 11/20/04? Thank you! Willa Wood

Hello all,
I am in desperate need for help. I have search both Microsoft and Apples web sites for help and have not found anything. My problem is I no longer can play Quicktime movies in a web browser or just play them period. All I get is a nice blank white screen, I can hear the audio, but thats it. I have tried download/updating the quicktime software. I have tried deleting the software and reinstalling it. Any PC wiz out there, please help.

Notes: I am using windows XP, I am on the most recent XP service pack, I added all the updates Microsoft had.

Hi Willa.

That bit marked in bold text is the bit which worries me. do you mean you used Add/Remove programs to uninstall the software, or do you mean you really found the program folder and deleted it?

If the latter, then you most likely need to use a Registry Cleaner to sort the resultant mess out, because programs should never be removed by deleting files and folders.

Also, try looking through Add/Remove Programs for EVERY reference to Quicktime you can find. Sometimes you can end up with multiple versions of it installed, and it can create a mess!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.