Windows XP Pro. SP3. IE7. Have always been able to update this rather new computer. I get to express or custome. As always I hit express. A window comes up that says something about control panel but it goes quick but I believe it states to check the time and date is correct on computer. I have done that and that was correct...help

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sampson

I have added screen shots of what I am seeing.
Picture 1 is the windows update start
Picture 2 is what appears very briefly when I hit express or custome option for update.
Picture 3 is what appears in the end an takes the place of picture 2
Picture 4 is what I have been getting a lot of. This is a newegg "order" going to checkout

Something is not right. I scanned with all spyware ,AV software ect....

thanks for your assistance

Attachments 1st.jpg 197.41 KB 3.jpg 123.1 KB 4.jpg 149.86 KB Untitled-2.jpg 143.97 KB

Have you tried allowing automatic updates?

Have you checked out that error code link?

But something must be wrong with the time settings. Look at that security certificate; Will not be valid until 6/19/2008 - which is a past date.

Is there no option in 'change date/time' to sync with internet time?

Have you tried allowing automatic updates?

Have you checked out that error code link?

But something must be wrong with the time settings. Look at that security certificate; Will not be valid until 6/19/2008 - which is a past date.

Is there no option in 'change date/time' to sync with internet time?

that did it. Somehow the setting got changes.....thanks for the help.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.