I've a problem with windows 2000. I just install windows 2000, multiboot with windows Me on main partition. So windows 2000 is super clean, but as soon as I connect to internet I got a message "svchost.exe will stop..." after I can't copy, delete or move files on my desktop. Links in IE are not working. I scanned my computer with recent antiviruses, no virus, I downloaded the patch for worm blaster, nothing changed.
This problem doesn't appear if don't connect thought....
Anyone can help me?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

How do you connect to the Internet? A network card or a dial-up modem?

win2k is supposed to have very poor h/w support (specially server, adv. server). 2k home/pro have better h/w support than other 2, but still not good enough. either 98/me or xp

win2k is supposed to have very poor h/w support (specially server, adv. server). 2k home/pro have better h/w support than other 2, but still not good enough. either 98/me or xp

Uh, no.

2k Pro/Server/Adv. Server all have the same Plug and Play support, the same initial driver base, but different kernels, executive mode (could be wrong?)priviledges, and capable software.

No such think as "2k Home."

At the end of it's lifespan the 9x kernel was small and lightweight, but nowhere near the capability and especially the stablity of an NT core.

That said, you need to check your event logs in the Administrative Tools that are located in the Control Panel. Open the "Event Viewer" console, browse to the "Application" section in the left tab of the window, find out what program correlates to the time that your machine locks up, and post back.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.