So to get to the main point.. whenever I try to use the MSN emoticons such as a smiley.. this is what you type right > : )
when you type it out.. it's supposed to APPEAR as an EMOTICON like this>:) and not just in characters like : ) < that..

Well in my case, that's what happens.. and I don't know when or how it started to do that. All I know is that I was on MSN this afternoon and when I was gonna use an emoticon, that is what happens. The people I send the emoticons to receive it as... emoticons. But for me, it appears as characters still. I've tried repairing it, and also uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Live Messenger, and I still encounter this problem.

I really hope someone can help me out on this.
Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

bump..

bump..

bump anint going to help you ,this is winxp/2000/nt section maybe you should ask you ? in the windows software section ,click on link below and scroll down to windows software .
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum99.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.