A few days ago my daughter got on the pc and couldn't hear anything. "no active mixer devices available" I investigated and found a solution online (i can't recall exactly what it was..embarassed**) yesterday i updated my flash player to ver. 10 the problem with that was it would never install. I investigated that a little as well and in the process i deleted my old version as part of someones solution. another part of that solution was to get the current ms updates which i hand picked 3 since there were no critical ones available. the would update. my screen froze forever and i abandoned ship with the power button. buit befor i did i noticed the taskbar had gone gray. now it goes gray randomly and freezes up....any ideas?
You should check the Theme service to see if it is running. If not, Windows reverts to the classic Windows styles. Click start > run > type services.msc and click ok. Double click themes and start it, then set startup type to automatic.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBA-M) to your Desktop.
* DoubleClick mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install MBA-M.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily.
* Immediately Reboot the computer..
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2
Install it and click on 'Run a scan and save the logfile'.
Provide the logfile of MBAM and Hijackthis Here..