Not sure where to post so I guess I will post here.

I have Yahoo! IM, and for some reason I Can not voice chat at all.
This even happens when I try and go into the website and chat there.

It suggests that I get out from behind my firewall and/or open ports 5001 or UDP 5055.

Anyone have suggestions? (Other than uninstall)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Did you run the audio setup wizard? It will tell you what you need to do in most cases.

Yeah, I did. it said that I needed to resolve port 5001 or UDP 5055.

Yeah, I did. it said that I needed to resolve port 5001 or UDP 5055.

Assuming you are in fact behind a router, have you opened up those ports?

Also, what kind of soundcard do you have? Has it ever worked?

I've seen on certain types of half-duplex integrated sound cards, Yahoo chat won't work. I know you need a full-duplex sound card (input and output at the same time) to use the voice chat feature.

Assuming you are in fact behind a router, have you opened up those ports?

No, I didn't know how. Plus I wasn't sure of the safety risk. I have heard that there is a risk in opening those ports.

Also, what kind of soundcard do you have? Has it ever worked?

I've seen on certain types of half-duplex integrated sound cards, Yahoo chat won't work. I know you need a full-duplex sound card (input and output at the same time) to use the voice chat feature.

The sound card has always worked. I know that the mic and the sound will work together. Plus, all that I am doing is using the speakers to hear them, I don't even have the mid plugged in.

When I try and connect to the voice server, it says that I am stupid and that I should go away. It says that I can not reach it because I have a firewall up or something like that. If it is a firewall through the router, then I have no idea how to take it down.

holaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa holaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.