Hi all , I'm new to all this , so bear with me . My friend has XP and the drive is partitioned into 3 separate sections. C drive is 10 Gb , F drive is 10 Gb, and the rest is annotated "Everything Else" which is 60 Gb,
I have no idea why it was split this way ,and neither does my friend(It came that way).
C drive has 3% free space ,the other 2 drives are virtually empty.Now to the tricky bit. How do I make the 3 into 1 ,to make more space.
I bet that there is someone out there weho reads this and says ,EASY, but to me its a bit of a blur.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Rob

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I believe it's not possible to change your boot partition, I would simlpy
format the drive and install a fresh copy of XP.

Thanks Mate .I was searching for a tool that could resize the 3 parts to my friends Hard Drive . I came up with EASEUS PARTITION MANAGER 3.5, from Download .com.
I will look into this as it claims to be able to resize using a slider , without having to lose any files etc . Thanks again

Partition Magic is another good tool for this. $$

Partition Magic is another good tool for this. $$

i've tried partition magic s/w for resizing the hard drive space(which contained datas) which i already created and and it worked fine .The only problem is that it names the drive by itself i.e it gives D: for CD/DVD drive by default which we cant change i suppose.

Hi all , I'm new to all this , so bear with me . My friend has XP and the drive is partitioned into 3 separate sections. C drive is 10 Gb , F drive is 10 Gb, and the rest is annotated "Everything Else" which is 60 Gb,
I have no idea why it was split this way ,and neither does my friend(It came that way).
C drive has 3% free space ,the other 2 drives are virtually empty.Now to the tricky bit. How do I make the 3 into 1 ,to make more space.
I bet that there is someone out there weho reads this and says ,EASY, but to me its a bit of a blur.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Rob

Actually you are talking about partitioning, the drives that you are talking about are the logical components of your physical partitions.
Your drive is paritioned for several reasons which are as follows:

1) For having different file systems on them.
2) For having different type of data on them.

Yes you can change the partitions on your hard drive to a single partition but please note that will only allow you to have your single Operating System on it. You wouldnot have any seperate drive for data storage.

Thanks to all who were kind enough to help out with my enquiry.. I knew there were Geniuses out there!!!
I think my question is answered. Thanks again Rob

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.