Hi there,

Please can you assist or advise to this issue:

I have a user on Windows XP Pro, SP3, Ms Office 2000- Outlook (2003). Sometimes when he opens Outlook and word at the same time he gets the message or error below:
Faulting application winword.exe, version 9.0.0.2717, faulting module winword.exe, version 9.0.0.2717, fault address 0x00687673.
Solutions I have applied:
Disk clean up, renamed Word in registry and ran Ms Office repair. This normal fix the issue then works for while and the issue returns again.

Any suggestion or ideas how to resolve this could be very simple thing I just don’t know how to resolve it?

Cheers,
djmabeizy

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Thats because Outlook uses word components for the actual editing of email.

Thats because Outlook uses word components for the actual editing of email.

Huummmmm, sorry mate jbennet you didnt really answer my question?

Basically im saying its always a bad idea to mix word and outlook versions, and there is no real solution.

You can tell outlook NOT to use Word as your email editor. That will hopefully eliminate the error message.

Thanks guys . I'll upgrade everything to MS Office 2003. At moment I have partial installed 2000(Office) and Office 2003.

Much appreciated all your assistance

Cheers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.