i don't know what a thread is so i'm putting my delimma here. i recently installed xp corp as my os,now I have no sound in the device manager there's a ?mark at my PCI device. when I attempted to update the driver the wizard says no hardware found so theres no software please help

i don't know what a thread is so i'm putting my delimma here. i recently installed xp corp as my os,now I have no sound in the device manager there's a ?mark at my PCI device. when I attempted to update the driver the wizard says no hardware found so theres no software please help

hi,this is a thread and you created it ,you will need to install drivers for your sound device,if the device is onbord you will need to get drivers from the motherboard manufacture ,if it a pci add in card get it from card maker's website
I have onboard sound, the drivers for it are on the motherboard cd that came with my computer !
I added a pci Soundblaster card the drivers for it are on a cd that came with the card .
!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.