my daughter who is 9 months pregnant and has to stay in bed until birth has a compaq 5400 with xp professional and it will not let her access internet or mozilla. ie gives a we need to close sorry for the blah blah drill and mozilla crashes but everything else works fine. also ie keeps trying to open on its own. any suggestions ? would ber grateful as shes driving me crazy
Hi giving that it will not access internet you will need to download this stuff from your computer ,don't forget to get the updates ,install malwarebytes first then before you run it ,click on the update to install it
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html) to your desktop.
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Download the update from here if you have problems.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.
The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Make sure that you restart the computer.