It looks like my computer picked up the a.exe virus about 3 weeks ago. Since then I've had all sorts of problems.
1. Can't login to internet
2. Can't reinstall software for net card
3. Can't see properties in device manager
4. Can't printer
5. Can't reinstall printer - spooler not running message
6. Search companion doesn't work - only dog shows.

Plus whatever else I can't figure out. I've run all kinds of virus programs, registery cleaners, have re-registered jscript.dll etc.
I really can't re-install the operating system - I don't have all the application software to re-install. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Sounds like a OS reload is needed, like it or not. I do a OS reload about twice a year because the unexpected does happen. But I learned the hard way...to do backups weekly. The thing is that the problems you mention are only the issues you know about. The odds are the ones you don't know about will come out to haunt you sooner or later. When you have no backups, yes you will lose data and applications if you do not have the apps software. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you. Good Luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.